Sunday 21 October 2012

I have seen the lights

The Botanical Gardens in Montreal is one of my favourite places in the city. It has been a couple of years since I've seen the Chinese Lanterns so I thought I would check out this year's display.

http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/en/propos/jardins_lumiere.htm

A weekday evening is preferable as the crowds can be quite overbearing on the weekends. I suggest arriving just before sunset as you will see the lanterns come on while still being able to view the lovely fall colours throughout the site.



There are various activities scheduled such Chinese drumming.





This year, the Japanese Garden is also open and the event has been renamed Gardens of Light. I thought perhaps the organizers were going to be throwing up a bunch of Chinese lanterns in the Japanese Garden, but they have used a more subtle, delicate approach that fits in very nicely to the ambiance of the garden and makes for a pleasing counterpoint to the spectacle of the Chinese Garden beside it.




No comments:

Post a Comment