Tuesday 9 September 2014

Boulevard Groan

Between the ride down east and my spill last month near Prescott, I haven't done many of my usual Montreal rides this summer.

Finally feeling almost healed, I decided to take a ride out to the east end of the island via Boulevard Gouin on the north side of the island and then back rue Notre Dame along the south.

It is a good ride because it is mostly bike path and a healthy 65 kilometers door to door but I always forget just how fucking poor some sections of these 'paths' actually are until I am faced with them again.


I'm not sure what demented road designer's handbook this comes from that considers the above worthy of the term 'bike path'.

I wonder how many kilometers of paths would actually count in North America's cycling capital if you removed all the ones that were substandard?

No comments:

Post a Comment