Friday 7 December 2012

Peer Pressure

Off the ship and back in Montreal, I was all set to leave my bike leaning against the wall till the spring. However, as I walked the streets of the Plateau my first morning back, the sight of so my people bravely bundled up and continuing to ride their bicycles on a cold December day was too much to ignore.

Even though it required replacing the rear tube because of a slow leak that had gone completely flat over the month while I was at work, I set to the task and was shortly trundling my two-wheeled liberty down the stairs.

What a reward! The feeling of content as I rode around town on a day stolen from the fourth season was a real pleasure.

As long as the snow holds off, I will hold off storing my bike; happy to succumb to the peer pressure of the increasing number of cyclists who continue to ride after the arbitrary date chosen by the city to close most of the bike lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment