Tuesday 15 May 2012

Monday afternoon in the Parc

I decided to put an end to my Bixi experiment and take out old faithful now that my ankle is strong enough to handle the stops and starts of riding in Montreal. I must say the advantage of ones own bike rates far higher on the convenience scale compared to the Bixi as long as you can avoid the bicycle thieves.

The north/south bike path running through Parc Lafontaine is probably one of the busiest in the city. Ten minutes saw many cyclists pass by, and it wasn't even rush hour yet.


Listening to the video afterwards, I was struck by the amount of noise caused by the cars and trucks in the background compared to the delicate sounds coming from the passing bicycles. Too bad you can't turn down the volume on the obtrusive traffic sounds that constantly assault the ears as easily as turning down the volume on the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment