Monday 8 November 2010

Winter on the way

As much as I enjoy biking, nothing can induce me to brave Montreal's streets in the ice and snow. Still, I admire those increasing numbers of cyclists who bundle up and continue pedaling throughout the year. It is encouraging to see that many of these cyclists don garments with reflective material and use front and rear lights to make themselves visible when most commuting occurs during the long hours of winter darkness.

Unfortunately, there are many other oblivious ones who ride around the black winter nights with dark clothing and no lights (no doubt continuing the practice from the summer and fall seasons). I wish these people the best of luck, but I would wish more vociferously that they utilize appropriate safe cycling practice and be visible!

No comments:

Post a Comment